Saturday, January 21, 2012

Celebration of Family and Life

When you were born,
you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life in a manner
so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

- Native American Proverb



From page 245 of Tebow's "Through My Eyes" book:

"In conjunction with Bill Heavener and Focus on the Family, we decided to create an advertisement to be played during the Super Bowl.  We were very fortunate that Focus on the Family had donors step up to fund the ad.

Mom and I were the main characters in the ad and had a lot of fun shooting the commercial.  But we didn't let the subject matter of the script get out, and as soon as word got out that we were doing an ad with Focus on the Family, it instantly created a huge swirl of attention - with both supporters and detractors trying to figure out what the ad was all about.  It was fun to see the speculation on every front as to the message the ad would convey.  Because of the story surround the circumstances of my birth, everybody on both sides of the issue immediately assumed that it was a pro-life message.  So many columnists took me to task for something they assumed was going to be in the ad, but wasn't.

Ultimately, the ad was a celebration of life and about the importance of family, showing me and my mom laughing and just being together.  At one point in the ad, I tackled my mom, and she popped back up and warned me to be careful - "You're not nearly as tough as I am."  Considering that she raised five homeschooled kids, she was right."


No comments:

Post a Comment