Thursday, January 26, 2012

What Other Are Saying: Manny Pacquiao



I love when other people outside the football world take time to appreciate Tim Tebow, especially when they are from a different country. When someone from a foreign and distant land shows appreciation for a person's character here in America, it just goes to show that one's example in life should not be contained within the confinement of the arena that he or she prevails in.


Recently, the professional Filipino boxer and politician, Manny Pacquiao, praised Tebow for building a hospital in the Philippines. This is a great honor for Tebow considering Pacquiao's reputation as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world and his world presence as a world leader and advocacy for helping the needy.


In an Asia Pacific Defense Forum, Pacquiao said, “I haven’t met him but I’ve heard what he’s been doing. I salute him. . . I salute him that even though he is already very famous and very rich, he still seeks guidance and strength from the Lord. . . I know that he is also close to the Lord, that he also helps people while being humble.”


When asked what it’s like to be compared to Tebow, Pacquiao said, “That he is being compared to me, well I hope there would be more like us.”


More on the story can be read in its entirety at:


The Asia Pacific Defense Forum

ABC-CBNnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment